In the fall of 1866, at the meeting of the Santa Fe River Association, Pastor Simeon Sheffield was directed to move to Levy County and establish a mission work.
The first sermon ever preached by the missionary was preached in an old discarded bar-room in Levyville.
On July 11, 1871, Pine Grove Baptist Church was organized with eleven members. Rev. Sheffield was chosen as pastor and served from 1871 to 1883.
Current1998 - Current
Dr. Greg Douglas has been the pastor since 1998.